Friday, January 21, 2011

Lindegaard not bothered by Schmeichel criticism.

Anders Lindegaard has shrugged off being wrote off by club legend Peter Schmeichel.
Lindegaard says he has not lost any sleep over the supposed slight from his former hero Schmeichel.
“Peter Schmeichel was the hero of my life,” he said. “I was Peter Schmeichel when I was playing in my parents’ garden. I was always imagining that I was Peter at Old Trafford
“His words didn’t hurt me. It is sad he doesn’t have the same admiration for me that I have for him.
“He is the biggest goalkeeping legend in this club along with Edwin and, of course, you would always want people to believe you are very good and very talented and I am sure he did say I was talented.
“It is a very big motivation for me. If someone says you are not good enough and are not going to make it, then you are able to surprise people and prove them wrong.
“Hopefully, Peter will eventually be proud that another Dane has made his way in the world’s biggest club. However, only time will tell.”

No comments:

Post a Comment