Friday, May 6, 2011

Neuer ruled out signing for Man Utd

Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer has ruled out signing for Manchester United.
The Germany No 1 has long been on the Old Trafford shortlist to replace Edwin van der Sar and the proof that he could perform at the highest level stands him out above the likes of Athletico Madrid keeper David de Gea.
Neuer, though, is certain he won't be the man to inherit the gloves of the retiring Dutch legend.
"United scouts have come to Germany to watch me in the past and I'm absolutely flattered," he said, "but a move to England was not an option for me at this stage.
"At this moment, I cannot say for sure where I will be next season because I leave that to other people, but I don't expect it will be in England even though I respect the football and culture of that great football country."

No comments:

Post a Comment