Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Class of 92 set to return for Gary Neville’s testimonial against Juventus!

Members of Manchester United's trophy-winning sides of the mid-1990s and turn of the century are set to run out at Old Trafford one last time for Gary Neville’s testimonial later this month.

Former favourites Nicky Butt and Phil Neville have confirmed their participation for the match against Juventus on May 24, while David Beckham has also been asked to play.

“I couldn't ask for more than to have all my friends back for one last time,” Gary Neville told the club's official website.

“If possible, it will make the night even more special for me and I hope the fans will enjoy seeing them back too.


“They were special times for us - we were young lads fulfilling our wildest dreams and hopefully we will get to experience that again against Juventus.”

Fellow former-youth team graduated and current United stars Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs will also take part in the testimonial match.

Phil Neville added: “I am so excited to be going back to Old Trafford to celebrate what will be an amazing night for my brother. 

“I am looking forward to playing with my brother and my friends one more time. It will be an emotional night for all the family but what a fitting way for Gary to bow out of a fantastic career.”

Butt is also looking forward to the prospect of running out one last time in front of the Old Trafford crowd. 

“When Gary asked me to play in his game I immediately said yes, especially when I heard that the class of '92 were going to be there too,” he said.


“It was a special time for all of us growing up and it is only now as you look back that you actually see what an amazing story it is. I am sure the fans will give him and the rest of us a great reception, as they mean the world to him.”

The match will take place days before the Red Devils take on Barcelona in the Champions League final at Wembley and other names rumoured to be featuring in the match include Peter Schmeichel and Eric Cantona.

No comments:

Post a Comment