Sunday, January 2, 2011

Rio wants 4 more years at United

Rio Ferdinand wants a new contract to finish his career at Manchester United.
The England defender, 32, who has two years left on his current deal, said: "If the manager sees that I am fit enough, a four-year deal at that age would be great."
Ferdinand dismissed the idea his injury problems over the last two season will lead to his career being curtailed.
He added: "I've played 15 games this season already, one of the most in the squad, so this is a good run of games for me.
"If I have to sit out three or four games at this stage I'll be disappointed but I don't see that happening.
"I love playing football and going out there and training every day. I've not missed any days' training up until now, and I'm doing what I love and enjoy most."
Ferdinand looks at the longevity of Paul Scholes, 36, and Ryan Giggs, 37, as his inspiration to keep going at the very top.
He said: "People like Scholesy and Giggsy are shining lights of that. They've worked hard and you see the rewards they've got out of the game trophy-wise."

No comments:

Post a Comment