Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wayne Rooney shows everyone he is really a big fan of Shrek The Ogre!

He's been likened to DreamWorks ogre Shrek on more than one occasion.

But last night Wayne Rooney took the similarity to the extreme when he arrived in Glasgow carrying a bag emblazoned with images of the big green monster.


Refusing to smile for photographers as he touched down in Scotland ahead of the Champions League match between Manchester United and Rangers, the 25-year-old footballer couldn't have looked more like Shrek if he tried.


Wearing a dark blue suit and brown shoes, Rooney appeared tense and strained ahead of tonight's match.

But he recently said he is thrilled to have signed a new contract with Manchester United, despite having kept fans waiting as to whether he would remain at the club or not.


He told the club's official website: 'I've heard from different people that I've agreed a new deal so that the club can agree a higher price for me to join a different team somewhere along the line. But that's a load of rubbish.

'I've signed a new deal to stay here. My long-term future is at Manchester United. I've always made it aware that I wanted to stay at this club. I had my concerns and voiced my opinion but it went from there.'


No comments:

Post a Comment