
ps57002
09-19 10:01 PM
I didn't mean it in a "against illegal immgration" way. That's the downside of trying to communicate using words online, you can't tell the what other person is really saying at times. What I want (using other slogans if necessary) is to educate people that there is a difference in immigration. As soon as people hear the word immigration, to them it means "illegal" and there has to be some way (using appropriate slogans) to communicate that....that's all :)
wallpaper Post to website Send email

PBECVictim
06-12 10:00 AM
White House spokesman Tony Snow said on �American Morning� he expects Republicans to band together to add amendments to the bill, and it could be voted on by the end of Tuesday � after senators take up the energy bill.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

aadimanav
09-26 11:57 AM
IV members won.
Wordings changed:
"..The demonstrators were protesting long delays in securing green cards for highly-skilled workers already in the U.S. ....."
Wordings changed:
"..The demonstrators were protesting long delays in securing green cards for highly-skilled workers already in the U.S. ....."
2011 Always send a thank you letter

JazzByTheBay
03-10 01:15 PM
Most of our members lose focus after the first week of anguish immediately following a visa bulletin.
After that, we willingly engage in:
1. LUD-watching (as a sport)
2. Social networking on IV (reading forum threads, responding, stating how anguished we feel, talking about our contributions to the U.S. and how unfair the system is... )
3. Punching the clock, waiting for the next visa bulletin thread
4. Posting and speculating on the next visa bulletin thread, while waiting for the actual bulletin to show up
5. Continue to blame USCIS, DoS, the Congress, the President, and the American people for not realizing our importance.
6. Back to #1 (rinse, repeat... ), and hope for different results.
What we will not do (skip this if you are participating actively):
1. Participate in IV activities/action items
2. Willingly contribute time and/or money towards achieving our goals
As President Obama says (Boston Globe | Obama: Time of crisis can be 'great opportunity' (http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2009/03/08/obama_time_of_crisis_can_be_great_opportunity/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Latest+news)), an economic crisis presents the biggest opportunity for drastic change.
"We've experienced great trials before," Obama said. "And with every test, each generation has found the capacity to not only endure, but to prosper -- to discover great opportunity in the midst of great crisis. That is what we can and must do today. And I am absolutely confident that is what we will do."If the President sees this time of crisis as a great opportunity, I see no reason why we should see the crisis as the greatest handicap for not working towards change.
Let's realize that we will never reach our goals in this lifetime without working for that change.
jazz
the problem is that we come up with such ideas only when visa bulletins come ..after few days everyone forgets.
there is not much direction from core either and that makes you wonder if there will be any campaigns at all in the future for recapture
the problem is that we come up with such ideas only when visa bulletins come ..after few days everyone forgets.
there is not much direction from core either and that makes you wonder if there will be any campaigns at all in the future for recapture
After that, we willingly engage in:
1. LUD-watching (as a sport)
2. Social networking on IV (reading forum threads, responding, stating how anguished we feel, talking about our contributions to the U.S. and how unfair the system is... )
3. Punching the clock, waiting for the next visa bulletin thread
4. Posting and speculating on the next visa bulletin thread, while waiting for the actual bulletin to show up
5. Continue to blame USCIS, DoS, the Congress, the President, and the American people for not realizing our importance.
6. Back to #1 (rinse, repeat... ), and hope for different results.
What we will not do (skip this if you are participating actively):
1. Participate in IV activities/action items
2. Willingly contribute time and/or money towards achieving our goals
As President Obama says (Boston Globe | Obama: Time of crisis can be 'great opportunity' (http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2009/03/08/obama_time_of_crisis_can_be_great_opportunity/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Latest+news)), an economic crisis presents the biggest opportunity for drastic change.
"We've experienced great trials before," Obama said. "And with every test, each generation has found the capacity to not only endure, but to prosper -- to discover great opportunity in the midst of great crisis. That is what we can and must do today. And I am absolutely confident that is what we will do."If the President sees this time of crisis as a great opportunity, I see no reason why we should see the crisis as the greatest handicap for not working towards change.
Let's realize that we will never reach our goals in this lifetime without working for that change.
jazz
the problem is that we come up with such ideas only when visa bulletins come ..after few days everyone forgets.
there is not much direction from core either and that makes you wonder if there will be any campaigns at all in the future for recapture
the problem is that we come up with such ideas only when visa bulletins come ..after few days everyone forgets.
there is not much direction from core either and that makes you wonder if there will be any campaigns at all in the future for recapture
more...

tjayant
11-20 07:08 PM
Here is my advice to folks trying to jump job just for $$$, even if the GC situation is bad , money should never be the only factor in moving for another job, plan long term , actually from what I know only startups have good opening but highly unstable so it is a catch 22 for most of the folks, I would suggest if you are in fortune 500 companies and the job is boring and salary is bad stick with it for 2 more years , if you cannot get the GC in the next 1-2 years I dont think you will ever get it, this is applicable for folks who applied GC during 2003/2004, 3+2=5years , for folks who has applied for GC after 2004 you can do what you want !!., here again look for favorable environment, Govt's change and policy change so make hay while the sun shine !!, so if the policy is favorable even if the job is bad but you can get the GC in 1-2 year i would stick with that company, because you will never know what will happen after 2 years , It looks to me like we might be in a cusp of policy change similar to 1999/2000, if you miss this boat you may have to wait for another 6-7 years. But again if my understanding is correct America is like a ocean and there is room for everyone , so no one need to be scared of GC etc, every one will get it in some form or other eventually , it is only a matter of time. As far myself iam still waiting for LC, but never really bothered about GC during my 9+ years stay , I just did what I wanted , but after 9 years I would like to move to a startup but controlling myself with the above logic !!!, But one good thing about waiting for GC is it made me a better person personally in learning ton's of stuff valuable for long run. so there is always pluses, everybody wants to be a Pirate (do what we wanted like jump job's at the fist obstacle/temptation $$$) but sometimes it is good to be controlled by external factors to get the best of ourselfs.

go_gc_way
01-18 02:05 PM
Hi Go_Gc_Way
Can you please modify the AD content.
Immigration voice is a non-profit 501 (c) (4) (pending) organization. All of Immigration Voice�s financial transactions will be audited by a CPA, submitted to the IRS.(please remove pending,we are approved)
Members from 6000 to 8000.
Content, content updated. Please verify and let me know.
Can you please modify the AD content.
Immigration voice is a non-profit 501 (c) (4) (pending) organization. All of Immigration Voice�s financial transactions will be audited by a CPA, submitted to the IRS.(please remove pending,we are approved)
Members from 6000 to 8000.
Content, content updated. Please verify and let me know.
more...

cygent
03-17 04:32 PM
Hello all,
How do you determine if the category is EB2 or EB3? How can you find that out from which document?
Thanks!
How do you determine if the category is EB2 or EB3? How can you find that out from which document?
Thanks!
2010 The letter urged the

babu123
07-13 01:36 PM
What Murthy did is right job. We should not blame her as she did it lately.
I am not her client.
There are so many lawyers in US, But none of them wrote letter to USCIS.
This is not the time to blame her. This is the time to unite with her and do protest. Remember she is asking on our behalf.
I am not her client.
There are so many lawyers in US, But none of them wrote letter to USCIS.
This is not the time to blame her. This is the time to unite with her and do protest. Remember she is asking on our behalf.
more...

Buran
02-15 02:40 PM
How is ROW getting screwed?. Look at the situation as individuals applying irrespective of country of birth. Last Year, there were 120,000(approx) applicants and only 60,000(approx) H1-b1 visas. NOW: It just happens that a lot or 60%were natives of one country. But that does not mean anything... There could be more ROW applicants who could apply, no body is stopping them. There are just not enough ROW applicants that employers can find.
Also remember countries like India, China do not qualify for diversity visas. So an ROW applicant also has that advantage. Most people from small african countries and others qualify to apply there. China, India, Phillipines, Mexico are also backlogged in the family category. ROW has that advantage too.
70 percent of H-1B are used by Indian consulting companies. Where do you think they hire their workers?
Countries like India, China, Poland, UK, Russia, Canada, and others are not allowed to participate in the DV lottery because they send more then 50,000 immigrants to the US every year.
I don\'t think it\'s fare to allow natives of one country to consume more then a half of the world\'s quota. The Congress has the same view on this problem :)
Also remember countries like India, China do not qualify for diversity visas. So an ROW applicant also has that advantage. Most people from small african countries and others qualify to apply there. China, India, Phillipines, Mexico are also backlogged in the family category. ROW has that advantage too.
70 percent of H-1B are used by Indian consulting companies. Where do you think they hire their workers?
Countries like India, China, Poland, UK, Russia, Canada, and others are not allowed to participate in the DV lottery because they send more then 50,000 immigrants to the US every year.
I don\'t think it\'s fare to allow natives of one country to consume more then a half of the world\'s quota. The Congress has the same view on this problem :)
hair Email

independent72
02-20 06:43 PM
I am going to travel from Boston and would like to pool my car. I have Honda Pilot and can sit 6 people.
more...

retrohatao
05-17 12:01 PM
FBI security clearance has been a blackhole with many people stuck in it without having a hope of relief in sight.Everyone might have tried the senetors, congressman, snail-mails and Faxes but of no use.
How about the following new methods:
1. Send a collective petition, A common letter requesting FBI, president with the details of all those stuck in the process.
2. A letter to the news channels.
3. Web fax to the senators/congressman
Please share your ideas.
How about the following new methods:
1. Send a collective petition, A common letter requesting FBI, president with the details of all those stuck in the process.
2. A letter to the news channels.
3. Web fax to the senators/congressman
Please share your ideas.
hot Email him. Or you can send an

paskal
12-26 03:23 PM
I see an increasing incidence of activities/offers/utilities with restrictions, citizen/green card status only, here are some examples, perhaps others can share experiences too:
1. I tried to travel to Mexico. if you do not have a GC, here is what you have to do (for many not all nationals, India is on the list):
appear in a consulate (350 miles for me) personally, with all family members present, the consulate will send a request for permission to proccess to Mexico City. then cool your heels at least 6 weeks. Once permission is obtained the entire family reappers in person to apply for the visa.
I chose not to travel.
2. Amex is advertising a glopal trip protection insurance, with the caveat that you may only apply if citizen or GC.
3. I've been a Citibank customer for a decade, and have considerable funds with them, one click of a button opens me a new e-account- except that the fine print says you have to be Citizen/GC to do it.
4. A travel package to Europe offers an incentive- 1 euro for 1 dollar at the hotel....you guessed it! only citizens and GC....
5. i heard someone complain about Discover earlier....they send preapproved offers then reject you if you tell them you are not Citizen/GC. I've had one for years, they happened to send me an approved offer without the question....the whole thing is tragicomic :-)
6. If your visa is expired as mine is (btw a feb date has never opened up anywhere in India to date...i'm sick and tired and frustrated....getting an appt is a major hassle) the you better choose your airline carefully, the French embassy demands personal appearance (350 miles) for the 10 min it takes to issue a visa- which then lets me walk from one gate to another at De Gaulle....
I'm not dying to be a permanent resident. I don't consider it my right. I have not taken anyone's job...I was recruited after a long search failed. Since I have joined our practice has grown many fold, my revenue itself has doubled and we have recruited more providers - Americans, incidentally.
But i would love to have a green card as long as i'm here, life would just be easier...
1. I tried to travel to Mexico. if you do not have a GC, here is what you have to do (for many not all nationals, India is on the list):
appear in a consulate (350 miles for me) personally, with all family members present, the consulate will send a request for permission to proccess to Mexico City. then cool your heels at least 6 weeks. Once permission is obtained the entire family reappers in person to apply for the visa.
I chose not to travel.
2. Amex is advertising a glopal trip protection insurance, with the caveat that you may only apply if citizen or GC.
3. I've been a Citibank customer for a decade, and have considerable funds with them, one click of a button opens me a new e-account- except that the fine print says you have to be Citizen/GC to do it.
4. A travel package to Europe offers an incentive- 1 euro for 1 dollar at the hotel....you guessed it! only citizens and GC....
5. i heard someone complain about Discover earlier....they send preapproved offers then reject you if you tell them you are not Citizen/GC. I've had one for years, they happened to send me an approved offer without the question....the whole thing is tragicomic :-)
6. If your visa is expired as mine is (btw a feb date has never opened up anywhere in India to date...i'm sick and tired and frustrated....getting an appt is a major hassle) the you better choose your airline carefully, the French embassy demands personal appearance (350 miles) for the 10 min it takes to issue a visa- which then lets me walk from one gate to another at De Gaulle....
I'm not dying to be a permanent resident. I don't consider it my right. I have not taken anyone's job...I was recruited after a long search failed. Since I have joined our practice has grown many fold, my revenue itself has doubled and we have recruited more providers - Americans, incidentally.
But i would love to have a green card as long as i'm here, life would just be easier...
more...
house Copy Email Addresses from

amitjoey
03-23 10:27 AM
There are people from northern california going to DC. Please join IV's NOR CAL group and you will get in touch with all of them
tattoo Experts send letter to PM over

GCKaMaara
04-07 10:52 AM
I would not say people are intentionally lying but fact accuracy deters when transferred from one mouth to another. I would only rely on first hand information.
more...
pictures Final Letter. Send this 3 days

eb3_nepa
07-28 05:22 PM
My Friends.
Please stop this discussion. Not only are we digressing from one pointless topic to another, but now we are also making these discussions VERY VERY INDIA specific.
IV is an organization for members from ALL countries. Things like the Nuclear deal and the beer bottles are NOT going to help anyone get their green cards quicker. If you want to discuss these issues, please use websites like Rediff or Times Of India or Mid-Day to post items on there.
Please show some restraint while starting new threads, especially when TIME AND AGAIN the IV core/moderators/admins have reminded us that:
1) This is a forum for discussing Employment based LEGAL Immigration issues ONLY and
2) This is a MULTI-COUNTRY MULTI-CULTURAL forum with people of all cultures/races and religions.
(FYI: I am an Indian and a proud to be one btw.)
Please stop this discussion. Not only are we digressing from one pointless topic to another, but now we are also making these discussions VERY VERY INDIA specific.
IV is an organization for members from ALL countries. Things like the Nuclear deal and the beer bottles are NOT going to help anyone get their green cards quicker. If you want to discuss these issues, please use websites like Rediff or Times Of India or Mid-Day to post items on there.
Please show some restraint while starting new threads, especially when TIME AND AGAIN the IV core/moderators/admins have reminded us that:
1) This is a forum for discussing Employment based LEGAL Immigration issues ONLY and
2) This is a MULTI-COUNTRY MULTI-CULTURAL forum with people of all cultures/races and religions.
(FYI: I am an Indian and a proud to be one btw.)
dresses Please send your CV and a

prioritydate
12-20 08:50 PM
Phew! I didn't know that I was out of status for an year. As I dig deep, I came to know how much trouble I am in now. If hope and pray that I wouldn't receive any RFE at the time when IO review my application. I didn't had any problem till now.
more...
makeup vps email blast servers

ajthakur
07-14 05:47 PM
Should I send a AC21 letter to USCIS along with my new employment letter?
Who is the best attorney for such cases?
Is it possible that my prevous employer hasn't revoked 140? How can I know that? I have received RFE after one year after filing the case. Is there any way I can know the date when my previous employer did revoke the 140 ( in case he did)?
ajthakur,
Your best bet if USCIS let you do the AC-21 switching and use the employment letter from the new EMployer who is sponsoring your H1B visa, if u dont respond to this RFE they may very well deny your I-485, remember the I-485 is dependent for at least 180 days on the underlying I-140 petition filed by the GC sponsoring employer, after 180 days you are free to take new job position in the similar field with same salary mentioned in your approved LC or salary greater than the one on aprroved LC.
Hope this helps...I am not an attorney, but thought my few cents might help you.
Who is the best attorney for such cases?
Is it possible that my prevous employer hasn't revoked 140? How can I know that? I have received RFE after one year after filing the case. Is there any way I can know the date when my previous employer did revoke the 140 ( in case he did)?
ajthakur,
Your best bet if USCIS let you do the AC-21 switching and use the employment letter from the new EMployer who is sponsoring your H1B visa, if u dont respond to this RFE they may very well deny your I-485, remember the I-485 is dependent for at least 180 days on the underlying I-140 petition filed by the GC sponsoring employer, after 180 days you are free to take new job position in the similar field with same salary mentioned in your approved LC or salary greater than the one on aprroved LC.
Hope this helps...I am not an attorney, but thought my few cents might help you.
girlfriend Use the email form to send a

ushkand
07-24 11:50 AM
I can't say for certain but from recent USCIS actions and the latest FAQ released, I see them issuing an RFE instead of outright rejecting the application. If they will accept applications without medical, they should be able to do the same for an employment letter. Ofcourse, this is just my humble opinion.
hairstyles After sending your e-mail

nojoke
10-20 12:15 AM
I don't get it why our folks blindly follow the dems, and somehow think Obama is our savior when in fact it's contrary. Obama can talk so smoothly that you'll leave feeling that he's for you even if he was saying the opposite. Time to wake up and look at the facts. Go Mccain.
Just like how you blindly think green card is the only thing that matters in this world. McCain lies, runs slimy sleazy adds that tell what kind of person he is. He doesn't have the depth of knowledge that Obama has nor does he have moral values. Time for you to wake up. Go Obama
Just like how you blindly think green card is the only thing that matters in this world. McCain lies, runs slimy sleazy adds that tell what kind of person he is. He doesn't have the depth of knowledge that Obama has nor does he have moral values. Time for you to wake up. Go Obama
JalwaeJana
11-10 10:00 PM
I agree this is the easiest thing that can be done with out any lobbying effort. Let me know what number to call
kedrex
07-18 08:02 PM
bump it up - this is way too important!
No comments:
Post a Comment