Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rooney loving free role at Man Utd

Wayne Rooney admits he's enjoying his free role.
Rooney was outstanding in victory at Schalke this week.
Rooney roams free picking the ball up, linking play, and getting forward himself to score goals. He said: "I think I am playing well at the minute in a new role which I played a lot when I was younger and I'm enjoying it.
"Chicharito is playing fantastic, and with Giggsy in central midfield, it seems to be working.
"I understand the way Chicharito plays and knew if I was playing up front with him I would have to change and play a bit deeper and it is working. He is scoring a lot of important goals.
"And I am enjoying getting on the ball and linking play and getting a few goals as well. You can influence games a lot more from there as well.
"Sometimes when you play up front on your own you're not in the game as much, you're waiting for your opportunity to score.
"When you play in the position I'm in you're always involved as you can get on the ball and create and score."

No comments:

Post a Comment