Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stoke captain Shawcross does not expect Man Utd to buy him back

Ryan Shawcross doesn't expect Manchester United to buy him back in the summer.
Shawcross left Manchester United in 2008 when it became clear his first-team chances would be limited.
But Alex Ferguson made sure there was a buy-back option written into Shawcross' contract.
That means with the inevitable interest in the defender this summer, Fergie could get him back by matching any offer.
But Shawcross insisted: "It is good for your confidence, but I don't take too much notice.
"The club have always said I'm not for sale. I'm sure if somebody came in with a ridiculous offer it might be different but the club has shown in the past that we haven't sold any players.
"I hope Stoke can help me fulfil my ambitions. I'm very happy here and I hope I stay for a long time and get into the England squad."

No comments:

Post a Comment