Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rooney: I'm so sorry I said we weren't good enough

Wayne Rooney has confessed he could not have been more wrong to question the quality of Sir Alex Ferguson's squad with Manchester United now on course for a European and domestic Double.

The Barclays Premier League leaders have one foot in the Champions League final at Wembley after a resounding 2-0 win over Schalke in Germany.

But only six months ago Rooney almost quit Old Trafford. He refused to sign a new contract and claimed the club were no longer good enough to satisfy his ambitions.


The England striker, who capped a magnificent performance with United's second goal on Tuesday night in Gelsenkirchen, said: 'When I look at it now, how wrong was I!
'Obviously I made a mistake. I admitted that and apologised, and I've wanted to prove myself again to the United fans. I feel I'm doing that now. I'm 100 per cent committed to this club.

'It's been a lot different in the second half of the season. I'm a lot happier in my life and happier with the way I'm playing. It's been like settling down again.

'I'm very grateful to the fans for supporting me through it and I'm delighted with my form. Now it would be a great end to the season with a Champions League final and to win the Premier League.'

No comments:

Post a Comment