Sunday, October 10, 2010

Berbatov knows he could drop into midfield with Man Utd

Dimitar Berbatov admits he could eventually drop into midfield.
Berbatov knows his game would suit a midfield role.
He told manutd.com: "I keep trying to play in defence in training! But they all scream at me, “Go forward, go forward”. But I enjoy it. You never know. Many people start as strikers and then move to the midfield. My father was a striker and then he moved back to the defence. Maybe I’ll enjoy playing in the midfield when I’m 37
Berbatov isn't fussed about being judged on goals.
For many, there's a lot more to Berba's game than his scoring record.
But he told manutd.com: "You cannot be angry. Everybody thinks they understand football. People all around the world think they are experts. But for me a good player, a complete player, is not just about scoring goals.
"It’s about vision, about touch, about decision-making. I know lots of strikers who score many goals, but they don’t have the technical ability I like to see in players.
"I always like a player who can control the ball, who thinks two steps ahead – players like Zidane or Xavi. Or like Leo Messi, who is not a typical centre-forward. He is more of a midfield player who scores a lot of goals. For strikers, you are right, people judge on the number of goals, but for me there is more to it than that."
He continued: "You need to know when to slow it down, when to increase the tempo. Zidane was great at doing that. He knew what he could do with his touch and when a player is really sure in himself he can do great things. I know what I can do and I try to do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment