Friday, October 15, 2010

Sporting Lisbon starlet would welcome Man Utd offer

Sporting Lisbon defender Eric Dier would welcome a move to Manchester United.
The English-born Portugal youth international signed for Sporting despite interest from United, Chelsea,Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal.
Speaking to BBC SPORT Dier made clear that despite growing up in Portugal he was solely focused on representing England.
"For sure. I think it is the dream of any kid to play for England and play for your country."
However, the youngster also spoke about how much he was enjoying life in Portugal, stating: “I love the training, the Portuguese people, the Portuguese culture. Everything about this place I like.
"I've never seen the need to move from Sporting to anywhere in England or any other country because Sporting has a great history of bringing players up to play in the first team and go on to play in great clubs in Europe.
"People tell me about players who have gone to places like Arsenall and Chelsea and had to come back looking for clubs because they've got nowhere to play."
Dier does admit that if he received an offer from boyhood club Manchester United it would hard to turn down.
"If the offer came today, I wouldn't say I'd take it because I'm not sure it's the right time," he insisted. "But if I cemented a place in Sporting's first team and felt I was ready, then it would be very hard to turn down."

No comments:

Post a Comment