Friday, October 22, 2010

Andy Cole claims Rooney's agent dumped him when the money ran dry. He's a man motivated by cash!

Andy Cole claims he was dumped by Wayne Rooney's agent when the money ran dry.

Former Manchester United striker Cole was represented by Paul Stretford during his move from Newcastle to Old Trafford in 1995.


He accuses the agent of being a controlling man motivated by cash.

Talking to Abu Dhabi newspaper The National, Cole, 39, said: "He gave me advice about everything I did. I made him so much money that he became a wealthy man but I didn't mind because I considered him to be a decent agent and a friend.

"But he obviously considered me to be a client and nothing more. As soon as I stopped making him money I didn't hear from him.


"I expected much better. He was a small-time agent when he took me on and used my name to attract other players.

"Stretford wasn't motivated by friendships but money. I moved to Manchester and stayed at Stretford's house as part of the family.


"I thought it was a generous gesture - I later found out that he had been deducting rent from my earnings.

"He hated the idea of anyone getting close to me. He was very domineering but I let him be like that because I thought he had my best interest at heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment