Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wayne Rooney and David Beckham to coach Man Utd soon?

Wayne Rooney has revealed his desire to go into management.



After accepting the Football Writers’ Association Footballer of the Year award, Rooney said: ‘I would like to be a manager, of course.




‘Football is my life. I joined Everton when I was nine and it’s a massive part of who I am.



‘I have started doing my coaching badges this year. I love football, I enjoy it. I can’t see myself running a restaurant.



'I am only 24, so I have plenty of years playing ahead of me, but one day I would like to become a manager.’



'I started doing my coaching badges this year, and probably did not do as many classes as I would have liked.



'Hopefully I can continue them next year.'


 

Rooney also couldn’t resist a light-hearted dig at his boss, Sir Alex Ferguson, adding: ‘The manager told me to score more headers this season. I said to him, “Last season I was crossing the ball. Do you want me to get on the end of my own crosses?”.’



Ferguson said: ‘Wayne has every right to sit among the pantheon of great players to win the writers’ award. He is electric.’

Meanwhile, Fabio Capello wants David Beckham to join him as an England COACH at the World Cup.


The ex-Manchester United and Real Madrid star will be on the training ground, along with Stuart Pearce and the rest of the England coaches, plus Capello himself.


It will be Beckham's first senior coaching role, though he ran a series of academies across the globe.

A matter of time before Rooney dcoaches Man Utd

No comments:

Post a Comment