Saturday, May 1, 2010

Diego Forlan and Anton Ferdinand backing Man Utd to win the title


Kop nemesis Diego Forlan hopes his Euro heroics at Anfield can inspire Manchester United to the title.


The South American striker's goal dumped Liverpool out of the Euro League on Thursday.



Now he wants the Merseysiders to take out their frustration on Chelsea today.


If the Londoners fail to win at Anfield, the path will be clear for United to claim their record 19th title.


"Chelsea have a tough game with Liverpool now. They will be disappointed after playing us and will want to play well so I will enjoy watching the match," said Forlan.


"It won't be easy for United at Sunderland either, but of course I hope United win the title. I'm still a United fan and always will be."



Meanwhile, Sunderland defender Anton Ferdinand has told brother Rio there can be no family favours this afternoon despite admitting he wants Manchester United to win the title.

"Rio knows it's not in my make-up to throw away a game." said Anton.




"It is our last game of the season at the Stadium of Light and our fans deserve a performance, and hopefully a win.

"Who will win the title? I want Manchester United to win it because I want my brother to win another trophy, definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment