Monday, May 24, 2010

Sir Alex has written off England's chances in World Cup


Sir Alex has offered his thoughts on the upcoming World Cup Finals.

Not surprisingly, the Scotsman - the most successful manager in English football - has written off England's chances.


However, he feels Serbia - who have Manchester United duo Nemanja Vidic and Zoran Tosic in their squad - can emerge as dark horses and Cristiano Ronaldo will be the star of the tournament.

He said: "England, with Fabio Capello, will be thereabouts. But, from there to winning the World Cup, I don't think so.

"Above all, I want my players to perform well and come back pumped up by a good World Cup.


"Spain and Brazil remain the great favourites. I see Serbia pulling something off and I am counting, too, on the Portugal of my friend Carlos Queiroz with Ronaldo who, in my eyes, remains the best player in the world. And Italy, as usual, will be around."

No comments:

Post a Comment