Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Berbatov insist to remain a Red Devil



Dimitar Berbatov has dismissed the prospect of a move away from Manchester United this summer, insisting he is at the club of his dreams.

The ex-Bulgaria international has been tipped by some to leave Old Trafford in the close season after failing to live up to his £30.75million price tag since joining from Tottenham in 2008.


The 29-year-old striker hit just 12 goals and was overshadowed by fellow forward Wayne Rooney in a below-par season for both player and club, with United finishing the campaign with only the Carling Cup to show for their effforts. 

But Berbatov has claimed he has filled a lifelong ambition by joining United, which he describes as 'the best team in the world', and has every intention of fulfilling his contract with the club, which runs until 2012.


He said: 'My goal is to remain with United, the best team in the world, and to see out my contract with the club. 

'I know I have the qualities to do so. By joining Manchester United I have achieved everything I wanted. 


'I want to ask why every second question I get is about where I am going next year. I wonder why the media don't wish me luck for my next year with United, but ask me where I am going.'




No comments:

Post a Comment