Monday, June 13, 2011

Park Ji-Sung attributes his success to former mentor Guus Hiddink

Ji-Sung Park has praised his former coach Guus Hiddink for helping him kick-start his career.

The 30-year-old played under the Dutch tactician with the Korean national team before teaming up with him once again at PSV Eindhoven.

The pair were re-united over the weekend as Hiddink visited Korea for the opening of a futsal field named after him.

The Manchester United man told reporters that he owed a lot to the experienced boss, stating: “I wouldn’t be here, where I am now, if it weren’t for manager Hiddink. I’m really glad to see him again after such a long time.”


Hiddink, who is currently coaching Turkey but has been linked with the vacant post at Chelsea, told reporters he found great pride in Park's success.

The coach remarked: “Ji-Sung grew into a player whom even I respect. I’m so proud of him whenever I meet him."

Park's current contract with Manchester United expires at the end of next season, but the Premier League side are thought to be looking to commence talks over an extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment