Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Giggs beats out Cantona, Best to be named Man Utd greatest ever

Manchester United fans have voted Ryan Giggs the club's greatest EVER.
The poll was voted on by readers of the club's official magazine,Inside United and website,ManUtd.com.
Despite all his achievements, Giggs admits he was surprised to top the poll.
He said: "Obviously it’s all down to opinion and everyone is going to have a different view, but when I got told I genuinely couldn’t believe it to be honest, especially because there have been so many great players here. I’m not finished yet though – I feel great and I hope I can carry on for a while longer.
"'I honestly don’t know where the time has gone – and I’ve already had quite a bit of stick about it.
"There was an article in the paper about it being 20 years since my debut and they had some stats in there which the lads were killing me about – Rafa (da Silva) and Fabio were only about eight months old at the time, and (Arsenal’s) Jack Wilshere wasn’t even born!
"The time has gone very quickly – my twenties in particular seemed to fly by. Since turning 30, though, I’ve been able to enjoy and savour things a lot more. You’re more mature when you get to 30 and I think you experience things better."
Manchester United Top Ten
1) Ryan Giggs
2) Eric Cantona
3) George Best
4) Sir Bobby Charlton
5) Cristiano Ronaldo
6) Paul Scholes
7) David Beckham
8) Roy Keane
9) Peter Schmeichel
10) Wayne Rooney

No comments:

Post a Comment