Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chris Smalling admits he grew up idolising Arsenal

Chris Smalling admits he grew up idolising Arsenal.
Smalling is likely to be on the bench for the big game.
"I was a big Arsenal fan," he told theIndependent. "Yes, I certainly watched quite a few games at Highbury when I got the chance and I always kept a close eye on Tony Adams."
Smalling reveals Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger made a late move to trump United for him while still at Fulham.
"I think I already had a gut feeling that I wanted to go to United [when Wenger got in touch]," Smalling says. "Once I'd got to meet [Ferguson] and was able to speak to him face to face about his vision for me, I knew. 
With a club like this there was only one thought. And in terms of some of the other players here: there's an English core and that was great. The idea of linking up with Rio [Ferdinand] really appealed."

No comments:

Post a Comment