Saturday, March 26, 2011

How Scotland stars inspired Man Utd Da Silva twins to take up football

Manchester United fans have Scotland to thank for getting the Da Silva twins into football.
Fabio and Rafael da Silva now making their way at Old Trafford.
And Rafael told the Scottish Sun: "Of course, I remember we played Scotland in the World Cup in France in 1998.
"It was a good game. I was at home watching on TV.
"I was very young but I remember it very well. I always watched as much football as I could when I was a kid so I loved this match.
"It was a very hard game for Brazil. In fact I was a little bit worried that Scotland could win and damage my country's hopes.
"Brazil led 1-0 but we all knew that Scotland had a very good team.
"I had just started to understand everything about football back then.
"Fabio and I always played football from the start, since we were five.
"To be honest, it wasn't a brilliant neighbourhood but it was normal. A poor Rio neighbourhood.
"It was very different from the UK and football was the only thing we would do. But that game against Scotland was one of the ones that made me think: Yes, one day I want to play at that level."

No comments:

Post a Comment