Thursday, March 24, 2011

van der Sar to remain at Man Utd in off-field role! Good news!

Edwin van der Sar may move into an off-field role when he retires from playing at the end of the season.
The 40-year old Dutchman will close the curtain on an exceptional career when the 2010/11 campaign finishes but insists he will not yet return to former club Ajax Amsterdam despite promising he would.
“I'm not going back to Amsterdam, though it would be very comfortable there with Frank de Boer, Danny Blind and Dennis Bergkamp," said Van der Sar of his former Ajax team-mates,” he told Dutch magazine Life After Football.
"When I left 12 years ago, I said I would return, but I did not know then what great years I would have with Manchester United.
"I might occasionally visit training with them, but I will not be going regularly.
“It may be that I'm going to give Manchester United clinics in Asia, where the club is very popular, or something in commerce," he added.
"I think this is interesting. I have already held some talks."

No comments:

Post a Comment